Every time Apple releases a new Product or service, they are certainly the most secure products and services. macOS Mojave is the 15th new Mac operating system which is awesome from every angle. But Yet the macOS Mojave is not totally released, it is in the beta version, and the second beta version has also been released. But again we have seen tons of new features inside the macOS Mojave beta version which is totally cool and awesome. And some of them are Drak Mode and even better from Windows 10, Finder Updates, Quick Look, screenshot new features and more. Today you will learn the easiest way to install macOS Mojave on PC- Hackintosh. However, it is not too much easy but, we have tried our best to make it easy.
Install macOS Mojave on pc-Hackintosh Covers the below Topics:
- How to download macOS Mojave?
- Create macOS Mojave Installer on a USB drive
- Install Clover Bootloader on Install media
- Install MacOS Drivers and verify your system
- Install macOS Mojave on PC- Hackintosh
- Post Installation of macOS Mojave 10.14
- And Finally How to Enable Sound on macOS Mojave 10.14
Before getting started with Install macOS Mojave on PC- Hackintosh, you have to download the required files.
Required Files to Install macOS Mojave on PC- Hackintosh:
- macOS Mojave Developer tool: https://goo.gl/su3tnq
- macOS Mojave Base Files ( Nvidia web driver + Clover Bootloader from this video + Config.Plist + Basic Kext’s ) – https://goo.gl/P9hLZt
- EFI partition from the USB – https://goo.gl/oEn7SL
- EFI partition from the Mojave – https://goo.gl/q8mYGA
- Clover Configurator – https://goo.gl/5Hi8ft
- Clover Boot Loader ( Newer Version ) – https://goo.gl/d8Li6c
- VoodooHDA – https://goo.gl/6zXhFx
These are only the files which you need to download in order to install macOS Mojave on pc. But buy a 16 GB USB Flash Drive or with higher storage which will be needed to create installer media of macOS Mojave.
- Install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox
- Install macOS Mojave on VMware
- Get macOS Mojave Features on Windows 10
How to Install macOS Mojave on PC- Hackintosh?
Step 1. Download macOS Mojave 10.14
In order to Install macOS Mojave on PC- Hackintosh, first we need to create a Bootable USB. But Before Creating Bootable USB we need to download macOS Mojave to create bootable USB with.
Before Gettings started, I have to tell you, it is the macOS Mojave beta version 2, I mean it is not the final version of macOS Mojave.
To download macOS Mojave, you need a simple software called macOS Developer Beta Access Utility tool. This tool is in the .dmg file, and you need to mount the .dmg file.
In order to install or mount the developer tool follow the below steps.
- Double-click on the developer tool to launch it.
- On the welcome screen, click continue.
- Agree to the license and agreement of Developer tool and click continue.
- Select a location where to install and click Install.
- Enter your password for confirmation and click install software.
- When the installation completes close the Developer utility tool.
Step 2. Partition the USB for macOS Mojave
Before creating a Bootable USB for macOS Mojave, you have to partition the USB, in other words, you need to erase the USB. Please make sure the USB Flash Drive must 16 GB for Higher. To erase the USB Flash Drive
- First, Insert the USB Flash Drive.
- Open spotlight & search for Disk Utility.
- In Disk Utility select the USB and Erase it with the following settings.
- Name: Provide any Name
- Format: Mac OS X Extended (Journaled)
- Scheme: GUID Partition Map
When you are with the settings, select erase to partition the USB, after the USB erased click done, and close the disk utility.
Step 3. Copy macOS Mojave to USB with Terminal
Now that you have downloaded the macOS Mojave and erased the USB Flash Drive, you need to copy macOS Mojave to USB Flash. You can do it manually but it is better to do with command so, we should face any error.
- First, Open the terminal by searching in the spotlight.
- When the terminal opens, paste the below command in terminal and hit return.
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.14\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled —applicationpath/Applications/Install\macOS\ 10.14\ Beta.app —nointeraction
If you have any problem with First Command try the second command.
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.14\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.14\ Beta.app
After you enter the command, Terminal will ask you enter your password for confirmation. Keep in mind, the password is secured and you won’t be able to see it. After that terminal asks you to type y to continue, type y and go wait until the macOS Mojave is copied to USB.
Step 4. Install Clover Bootloader on the macOS Mojave Install media
Without a bootloader, you won’t be able to boot to your computer, we also need to configure that with the installation of macOS Mojave.
- First, Open the Clover Bootloader & select continue on the welcome screen.
- On the important information, click continue.
- Chane the Install location to USB Flash Drive or Install media of macOS Mojave.
On the Installation type, don’t select continue, because we have configured some important settings.
- When the Destination Drive is mentioned, select customize on the Installation type page.
- In this customize window, first check the box of UEFI.only
- The Target.ESP will be selected as Default, don’t uncheck that.
- Next, expand the Driver64UEFI and check the below boxes.
Please make sure, that the below 7 settings are already checked, and if any of any boxes are not selected, enable them manually.
After selecting all the Above settings click install, then enter your password for confirmation and click Install software. When the Installation is done, close the Clover Bootloader.
Step 5. Installing Drivers and Verifying system definitions
Once the Clover is loaded into the USB Flash Drive, on the Desktop you will see an EFI Partition drive.
Open the EFI Partition Folder, and go to EFI> Clover> Drivers64. Once you reached their copy the apfs.efi from desktop inside the Drivers64 folder.
When APFS.EFI is Copied, go back to the Drivers64UEFI Folder, Here also paste the APFS.EFS File. There is already an Apfs.efs file, delete it or replace it, that’s your choice.
Once again Go back and this time open the Kexts folder, then open the other folder. In the Kexts folder, you have to copy the drivers. Basically, the files which you need to copy are FakeSMC.Kext, RealtekRTL8111.Kext and shiki.kext. But if you are a Pascal or Nvidia user, also copy the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and lilu.kext.
The Last step here is, replacing the Config.plist, so, go back to the clover folder. Delete the Config.plist and paste the new one which you download. This Conig file contains all the necessary files and options to install macOS Mojave, but the only thing which is not configured is the system definition.
To configure the system definition, right click on the config.plist inside the clover on USB and select open with clover configurator. In the clover configurator, on the left side select SMBIOS and select your system definition.
I am using the Intel i5 4460 CPU and the best match system definitions are iMac 14,2- intel core-i5 4570 @3.20 GHz. If your system definitions are not available their select an option which has similar hardware or CPU to your PC.
After selecting the system definitions, if you are a Pascal or Nvidia user, from the left side select system parameters and check the Nvidiaweb. Now Go ahead and save the changes to the Config.Plist file.
Once you edited the config.plist, copy that from EFI Partition because later you will use to configure some settings on macOS Mojave.
Step 6. Post Install
All the Files which you downloaded before and created a Bootable USB for macOS Mojave will be required once for setting up the macros Mojave later.
- First, Create a New Folder and Name it Post Install
- Copy all the Downloaded files and config.plist inside the post install folder.
- Copy the Post Install folder to macOS Mojave Installer Media and paste there.
Once you are done with the Post Install, eject the USB Flash Drive and Restart the PC.
Step 6. Configuring the Bios
After resetarting and inserting the USB Flash Drive, it is time to Install macOS Mojave on PC-Hackintosh. During the stsrting the PC, Press the EFI button or the Bios Button. In the most cases, the EFI or the Bios key is placed on the delete button.
First, If your Operating system has an option for windows, change that to other OS.
From storage Boot Option control, enable to UEFI Boot First.
- Also, if your system has a secure boot, disable that too.
- Also, if your system has the XHCI, enable it.
- Press F10 to save the changes on Bios
Install macOS Mojave on PC- Hackintosh
- After Restart of the system, press boot menu of your system.
- Select Your USB Flash Drive, which contains the macOS Mojave.
- In the Clover Boot manager, select the USB Flash Drive and hit enter or Return.
After that, wait until the Apple logo, goes away and select your language and click continue. After that erase your disk and Install macOS Mojave in it. From macOS utilities Window, select Disk Utility.
In the Disk Utility window, select the Disk where you want to install macOS Mojave and Erase that easily from above menu.
When the disk erased, close the Disk Utility Window, and you will be back to install macOS utilities. Here select Install macOS and click continue.
- After that select Continue.
- Agree to the Licence Agreement.
- After that select the Disk where you are going to install macOS Mojave, it is the disk which you erased before.
- Once you clicked, Install, your PC will PC Restart Several times.
- Once your PC Restarts, select your Country, language, keyboard layout.
- Agree to the Data and Privacy.
- Select Don’t Transfer any Information to this mac and click continue.
- Decide to sign in with Apple ID or Locally.
- Again agree to the license and agreement.
- Create an Account for the PC and click continue.
- Select Continue on the Express Setup.
- Choose a look for macOS Mojave on for your system, dark or light.
- Wait For some minutes, until the desktop should be set up for your use.
Once the macOS Mojave is set up, don’t restart or shutdown your system. Instead, start the Post Installation, if you don’t know, follow the below procedures.
Post Installation Process of macOS Mojave 10.14
The post-installation process is very simple and everything here will look familiar. Because while creating a USB Installer Media you have done all the Process. The Very first thing which you need to do, copy the Post Install folder from USB to the Desktop.
- Once the Post Install files are copied, eject the USB Flash Drive.
- Go the Finder and enable the Show Hard Disk, because you will need access to the macOS Mojave Disk.
Step 1. Install the Bootloader on the macOS Mojave Disk
The very first which is very important is the Bootloader which needs to be Configured, to do that,
- First, Double Click on the Clover to open the Dmg file.
- On the Introduction window of Clover Click continue.
- Again Click continue on the Readme page.
- Select the Disk where the macOS Mojave is installed and click continue.
- In the next window, select Customize and enable the same options while creating a USB Installer.
These are the options which were checked before, so again you need to check them.
- The Target.ESP will be selected as Default, don’t uncheck that.
- Next, expand the Driver64UEFI and check the below boxes.
When the drives are selected, click install and enter your password for confirmation.
Step 2. Define System Definition
When the Clover Installation Finished, you will see an EFI Partition on the Desktop. Open EFI Partition and Go to EFI> Clover, then delete the existing Config.Plist and paste the Config.Plist which is inside the Post Install Folder. This is the Config.Plist which you configured before for your system.
Step 3. Copy & Paste the APFS.EFI to Drivers64 and Drives64UEFI
Step 4. Install Drivers on macOS Mojave
This time open the Kexts Folder inside the Clover, then visit the other folder inside the Kext and paste the below drives in EFI Partition.
Step 5. Copy VoodooHDA.Kext to Other Folder inside the EFI Partition along with other Five Drivers.
- On the Welcome screen of Nvidia Web Drive click Continue.
- Agree to the Licence and continue.
- On the Destination panel, click continue and enter your password for confirmation.
- Once Installation Completes, it will ask you to Restart the system.
Step 6. Enable Sound on macOS Mojave
This was about How to install macOS Mojave on PC- Hackintosh. I Hope it helped you to install macOS Mojave on PC without any error. In case if you have any problem, suggestion, ideas or opinions please let us know through contact us page.