Apple updated it’s OS (Operating System) on 3rd June 2019 for the mac users and named it macOS Catalina. The new OS macOS 10.15 Catalina has many new features and updates. Those users who have Mac Book 2015 and later, iMac 2012 and Later, MacBook Air 2012 and Later, iMac Pro 2017 and later, MacBook Pro 2012 and Later, Mac Pro 2012 and later can support macOS 10.15 Catalina. In addition, if you like using macOS Catalina and you don’t have Mac, again you can install macOS on Windows, Linux or even Mac through virtualization. There are many virtual machines like VirtualBox, VMware or Hyper-V you can use to install macOS. Just download macOS 10.15 VMDK File (Virtual Machine Image) from the given links below and begin the steps of installing.
Download macOS 10.15 Catalina VMDK Files (Virtual Machine Image)
VMDK (Virtual Machine Disk) is a file format that describes containers for virtual hard disk drives to be used in virtual machines like VMware Workstation or VirtualBox. The macOS Catalina’s dmg file will be released as a free update later this year, but for now, you can use the created macOS Catalina virtual image to install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox/VMware on Windows, Linux or Mac.
macOS 10.15 Catalina Installer (Beta 1)
- Drive 1: Download Link (One Full)
- Drive 2: Download Link (One Full)
- Drive 3: Download Link (One Full)
- Drive 4: Download Link (6 of 6)
- Mediafire: Download Link (One Full)
How to Fix the Download Error (Download quota exceeded for this File)
Because of too many users and traffic on the site, the download link might give the error “Download quota exceeded for this file”. You face this error because the file is too large or is shared with many people. To access and download the file follow the following steps.
Step 1. Go to Google Drive and log in with your account.
Step 2: Open the download link given above, right click on the image file and select Make a Copy. Google will create a copy of the file in your Google Drive (My Drive).
Step 3. Go to My Drive and right click on the copied file and select Download to download the image.
When you download the VMDK, don’t forget to check the step by step guides in the following links for installing macOS Catalina on VirtualBox or VMware process.
- How To Install MacOS 10.15 Catalina On VirtualBox On Windows PC? (FAST)
- How To Install MacOS Catalina On VMware On Windows 10 On PC?
Also, read the following features and updates in macOS 10.15 Catalina.
macOS 10.15 Catalina New Features:
- Apple Music, TV and Podcasts are now on macOS 10.15 Catalina.
- Premiering Apple TV on MacOS 10.15 Catalina.
- Enjoy Using iPad Apps on MacOS 10.15 Catalina.
- Update on Photos.
- Improvements on Notes on mac.
- Updates on Reminders and Safari.
- Use iPad as a second monitor for macOS 10.15 Catalina.
- Take usage of Apple Pencil.
- Screen Time.
- Communication Limits.
- Better Security and Privacy.
- Find me.
- Approve your mac with Apple Watch.
- Voice Access to all devices.
If you face any error in downloading and installing process, please leave a comment in the comment section below, we will try to find the solution as soon as possible. And I hope you found the article helpful if so let us know in the comment below.