Apple released the new macOS 10.15 Catalina on 3rd June 2019 on the World Wide Developer Conference. That day Apple also announced WatchOS 6, TVOS, iPadOS, Mac Pro 2019 and finally the macOS 10.15 Catalina. This time Apple named its operating system from the Santa Catalina Island on the southwest of Los Angeles. The complete version of macOS 10.15 Catalina will be out till the end of this year, but the public Beta will be on your hand in July. If you have a developer you can use it right now but any limitations. Since macOS 10.15 Catalina is new on the market, Apple has added some cool new features such as Apple music, Apple TV, For the first time use iPad Apps on mac, Extend your desktop with iPad, use Apple Pencil, Communication limitations, greater security with higher privacy and more. If you are not a developer then must test the New macOS 10.15 Catalina one way or another. The best way is to Install macOS Catalina on VMware on Windows 10 on PC. However, you can also test it using the VirtualBox on Windows on PC.
- How to Install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows PC?
- How to download macOS 10.15 Catalina Beta 1 on mac?
- How to Create macOS Catalina USB Installer?
Steps to Install macOS Catalina on VMware on Windows 10 on PC
Download required Files:
Download macOS 10.15 Catalina Virtual Image Final Version.
- macOS 10.15 Catalina VMDK File
- Drive: Download Link (One full by intoguide.com)
The extraction password is: intoguide.com
- Mediafire: Download Link (One Full)
How to Fix the Download Error (Download quota exceeded for this File)
Because of too many users and traffic on the site, the download link might give the error “Download quota exceeded for this file”. You face this error because the file is too large or is shared with many people. To access and download the file follow the following steps.
Step 1. Go to Google Drive and log in with your account.
Step 2: Open the download link given above, right click on the image file and Select Make a Copy. Google will create a copy of the file in your Google Drive (My Drive).
Step 3. Go to My Drive and right click on the copied file and select Download to download the image.
Step 1. Install VMware on Windows 10 on PC
To Get started with How to Install macOS Catalina on VMware on Windows 10 on PC, you have to Install VMware Workstation Pro or VMware Workstation Player. If you are a user who doesn’t have a premium version of the VMware, then go for the player, because of its open source and free. The Installation process is so simple an easy, you can skip it if you have already know how to install it.
- Pass the Welcome window, by selecting next.
- Agree to license an agreement.
- Now click next, next, and next, after that hit the install to install VMware on Windows on PC.
- After the installation completes, license the VMware and finally close the window by selecting Finish.
Step 2. Create a New Virtual Machine on Windows on PC
Step 1. Run VMware workstation Pro, on the home page click, Create a New Virtual Machine.
Step 2. Bypass the Welcome window with the default settings such as the typical by selecting next.
Step 3. Since the macOS 10.15, Catalina is a Virtual Image, select I will Install the Operating system later.
Step 4. Select Apple Mac OS X with macOS 10.14 in Guest OS Window.
Note: If you do not see the Mac OS X, you have to Unblocker, this tool will enable the Apple Guest OS For windows.
Step 5. Provide a name for VM, also specify the location where you want to save it.
Step 6. Specify an amount of storage for the VM with selecting Store Virtual Disk as a Single File.
Step 7. In the Last Window, click Finish.
Step 3. Editing and customizing the VM in order to Install macOS Catalina
Step 1. Open settings of the VM which you just created by selecting edit Virtual machine settings.
Step 2. In Memory Tab, increase the amount RAM from 2 GB to 4 GB.
Step 3. Move to Hard Disk (SATA), first remove it, then click add.
ON the Hardware window, select Hard Disk.
Go with the default settings of SATA.
Select Use an existing Virtual disk.
Browse the macOS 10.15 Catalina which you extracted after downloading.
Finally, finish it.
Step 4. Visit the Menu file> Exit.
Step 5. Find the Location where you saved the macOS 10.15 while creating a new VM. By Default, it will be saved on the Documents Directory.
Find the file with vmx extension, right click and open with Notepad.
Scroll down to the end and paste the smc.version = “0”
Step 4. Install macOS Catalina on VMware on Windows on PC
Installing the macOS Catalina is easy, I know you all can pass it easily without any problem. There are some users who will struggle with it, that’s why I add them the steps but I won’t provide any screenshot.
- Run the macOS Catalina on VMware Workstation Pro by selecting the play button.
- In the Welcome window, select your language and country.
- Add another Keyboard if you are using alongside the current keyboard you are using, However, it is optional.
- Go with Do not Transfer any Information to this Mac.
- It is your wish to add apple ID or no, I will go with a basic local setup without Apple ID.
- You have to agree to the license and agreement of Apple.
- User account very necessary, so here you have to create an account for the computer.
- Choose light or Dark theme.
- And Finally, go with click continue.
The summary of How to Install macOS Catalina on VMware on Windows 10 on PC is Get WinRAR, macOS 10.15 Catalina, VMWare Player or VMware Pro, plus a tiny bit of code. So, Congratulations, if you have installed macOS Catalina on VMware on Windows on PC. If you think this post is worth sharing please share it also let us know what should we create as our next post.
Watch the Video