Is it Possible to Install macOS Mojave 10.14 on VMware on Windows 10?
On 4th June 2018, Tim Cook the CEO of Apple announced a new operating system for the Mac Users. and it is called macOS 10.14 Mojave. After macOS high Sierra’s success, Apple has decided to focus more on their services than ever. This time Apple has decided to choose a name from a desert instate of a mountain.
The New macOS 10.14 Mojave is full of new features which include the New Dark Mode where every mac users were asking for. Their major changes on macOS 10.14 Mojave is the Dark Mode, a Live background which changes according to the date, Major updates on finder, News, Stocks, Voice Memos and Home, Group FaceTime, All-New Mac App Store, Sneak Peek of Developer Framework for Mac Apps and other features.
The good news, that windows users who are after testing the New mac, can also use macOS Mojave 10.14 on their windows machine. If your system has 64-Bit Running Windows, 6GB RAM, and an SSD, you can test it easily. Even if your PC doesn’t have an SSD, you can run it on HDD but in the future, it will shorten the life of your HDD.
Download Required Files to Install macOS Mojave 10.14 on VMware on Windows 10
If you are to worried that VMware Workstation Player is not free and you won’t be able to Install macOS Mojave 10.14 on VMware on Windows. You are wrong, because VMware Workststaion Player is Free to use.
VMware Workstation Pro 15 & VMware Player 15 no longer requires Unblocker to enable Apple Guest Operating System on Windows.
Steps to Install macOS Mojave 10.14 on VMware on Windows 10
Step 1. Extract the macOS Mojave 10.14 Virtual Image
While creating MacOS Mojave 10.14 on a Mac computer, we usually compress them. Because its size without compress is 15 GB and When we zip it, it becomes 5 GB.
So, in order to Extract the macOS 10.14 Mojave on windows, you can use WinRAR or 7Zip.
Install macOS Mojave 10.14 on VMware on Windows 10
Step 2. Download and Install the VMware Workstation Player
VMware workstation Pro is not free and if you want to use that you have to purchase its license. But VMware also provides a sneak peek of VMware workstation pro features in VMware Workstation Player.
VMware Workstation Player is free if you are using it for non-commercial usage like Install macOS Movaje 10.14 on VMware on Windows. In other words, it is free virtualization software which you can use for free.
Step 3. Enable Apple Services on VMware Workstation Player
By default, VMware on Windows can’t support Mac operating system and if you want to use macOS Mojave 10.14 on VMware on Windows. You have to enable the Apple Services for Workstation Player.
To enable Apple Services for VMware, download and Install the unblocker tools or unblocker master. If you don’t know how to install the Unblocker master, extract that after downloading. Find their win-install.cmd inside the Unblocker Master directory, then right click and select Run as Administrator.
Step 4. Create a Virtual Machine on VMware Workstation Player
To Install and Use macOS Mojave 10.14, we need to create a virtual machine.
- First, open the Vmware Workstation Player and select create a new Virtual machine.
- Second, Select I will Install the Operating system later.
- Third Apple Mac OS X with 10.14 version and click next.
Step 5. Name and Specify Disk Capacity for Virtual Machine.
- Now you need to give a name and verify a location for Virtual Machine, please keep in mind that location is a very important, in steps further we will add a code in Virtual Machine, so please remember the path.
- After that, you have to specify the amount of storage for the macOS Mojave 10.14 and select the store virtual Disk as a single file.
Step 6. Customize Hardware for Virtual Machine
Once you specified the amount disk, on the next window which is ready to create a Virtual Machine, select customize Hardware.
- First, change the amount of RAM from 2 GB to 4 GB or More.
- Second, change the amount of Processor from 2 to 4 processors.
- And third, visit the Display tab and enable the accelerate the 3D graphics.
Once you did all these changes, close the Hardware window, and you will be back to the ready to create a Virtual Machine window.
Their, You have to select Finish that the macOS Mojave Virtual Machine should be created.
Step 7. Adding macOS Mojave 10.14 VMDK File to Virtual Machine
Once you created the virtual machine, but yet it does not contain the macOS Mojave 10.14 Operating system. To add the macOS Mojave 10.14 VMDK File to Virtual Machine,
- First, select Edit Virtual Machine Settings.
- Second, select the Hard Drive on the Virtual Machine settings and remove the Hard Drive.
Once the Hard Drive is removed, instead you need to add the macOS Mojave 10.14 VMDK.
- So, select Add.
- Select Hard Disk.
- For the Disk Type, select SATA.
Now, you need to select the use an existing Virtual Disk.
Once you selected to use an existing Virtual Disk, here you need to verify the macOS Mojave location.
- Click Browser and locate the MacOS Mojave 10.14 VMDK file.
Step 8. Edit the VMX File
We installed VMware Workstation Player followed by the Unlocker to enable the mac services in windows. Then We created the Virtual machine and added the macOS Mojave 10.14 to the Virtual Machine. But still one thing remains to install the MacOS Mojave 10.14, and that the VMX File.
VMX if the configuration file of the created Virtual Machine, if you remembered I said to remember the path because further, we will apply a code to it.
- First, open created Virtual Machine Directory.
- Second, right click on the VMX file and select open with Notepad.
- Scroll down to the end of VMX and add paste smc.version = “0” code.
- When pasted the code, save the changes.
Note: For the first time when you are editing the VMX File, the notepad is not available there. Instead select choose another app, then select Notepad.
Step 9. Install macOS Mojave 10.14 on VMware Workstation Player on Windows 10
- Open the VMware Workstation Player and Power on the macOS Mojave 10.14.
- Wait for Some seconds until the apple logo goes away.
- On the Welcome screen, select your country and select continue.
- Select your Keyboard layout.
- Select, don’t transfer any information type and click continue.
- Decide to sign in with Apple ID or Not.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Create an Account for the macOS Mojave 10.14.
- Choose a look for your Mac Device, whether it is the light mode or Dark Mode.
- Select Continue on the Express Set up window.
- Wait for Some seconds until your Mac is set up for use.
well, It was all about How to Install macOS Mojave 10.14 on VMware on Windows 10?, I hope it was helpful and wish you that you have recovered all of your memory stuff. If you really liked the post please comment on the post, so we feel better. And by the Once read the what’s your idea for this Post and give us 5 stars.